You have no items in your shopping cart.
After battling the sweltering heat of the summer, everyone looks forward to experience a cool spell. Monsoons are one of the most enjoyable seasons in India and there is no better way to experience it than heading outdoors.
Bangalore is easy accessible by most places in India and the place is in turn very close to some of the most magnificent spots endowed with nature’s beauty. You can just head out on a weekend in the monsoons to these enchanting places filled with greenery to rejuvenate yourself. Some of the places are
1. Brindavan Gardens, Mandya – These gardens are located by the side of Krishnarajasagar dam in Mandya district. The place has greenery all around with blooming flowers during the monsoon. Another highlight is the musical fountain, which can leave you spell bound.
2. Jog Falls, Shimoga – Jog Falls is a must visit place especially during monsoons. It is 253m high and is surrounded by spectacular views. It is the second highest waterfall in India.
3. Savandurga Hills, Bangalore – These hills are just 70kms from Bangalore and are considered to be one of the largest monolithic hills in Asia. During monsoons the river below the hill is filled with water which offers scope for various water sports.
4. Shivanasamudra Falls, Mandya – Shivanasamudra falls get divided as Gaganachukki and Bharachukki streams as they drop down from a height of 200 feet. They offer an out of the world experience to tourists especially during the monsoon.
5. Nisargadhama, Coorg – Nisargadhama islands near Coorg is a popular tourist spot housed on the banks of river Cauvery. The place is rich in fauna and flora and during monsoons you can see a lot of animals like rabbits, deer and elephants in the area.
6. Horsley Hills,Chittoor – Horsley Hills in Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh is just a 3 hour drive from Bangalore and are good to visit in monsoons as the temperature is ideal. The hills are covered with coniferous trees and have small streams here and there which offer a gorgeous retreat in the cool weather.(Image from Mouthshut.com)
7. Chikmagalur – Chikmagalur is ideal for those seeking adventure. The hills are covered with tea and coffee plantations which offer quite a delight for sore eyes during monsoons. Apart from trekking the Mullayanagiri hills, you can also visit the various temples, waterfalls, lakes and the lush green hills.
8. Agumbe, Shimoga – Located in the Western Ghats, Agumbe in Shimoga is surrounded by thick forests. Tourists usually throng this place to catch a glimpse of the sunrise and sunset which provide an out of the world experience. The place comes alive with several waterfalls especially during monsoons.
9. Chembra peak, Wayanad – Chembra peak in Wayanad looks as if it’s just out of a picture book. It has stunning locales all around and is best to visit during the monsoons. The serene atmosphere provides the much needed break from the mundane city life.
10. Kudremukh, Chikmagalur – Kudremukh is home to a diverse variety of flora and fauna and has various trekking trails for the adventure enthusiasts out there. Various rivers and waterfalls dot this region offering a beautiful landscape for pleasure seekers.
We will send you an email to reset your password.